Gorgeous Blog Readers

Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Beauty Product Must-Haves

Hi Dolls,

I spent from January to June home with my newborn (at the time) and so I wasn't doing myself up as much or going out as much as I used to! I started back in work in July but still haven't been doing my makeup or styling my hair as much as I'd like. Nevertheless I will show you the products I use most often, between skincare, hair products and make-up.

My go to products of the year are probably the same as last year! Here goes:

Makeup:
As mentioned above I haven't had much of an opportunity to "put on my face" but I when I do get the opportunity these items below are my must haves!
Urban Decay Naked Palette 3 - I was a big black smokey eye fan for a long time but when I discovered this palette I branched out to more bright lip looks or natural eye looks or a lighter brown smokey eye.
Maybelline Dream Sation Liquid Foundation - I've tried using other foundations but keep finding myself going back to this one. It goes on so well, has good/natural coverage and blends well. I try using other foundations but they dry out my skin or look more yellow than natural.
Maybelline Fit Me Pressed Powder - I much prefer pressed powders over loose powder as I find it doesn't go on so heavy and clown like! I like keeping one of these in my handbag when out and about to keep shine at bay and to top up my coverage through the day.
Benefit Cosmetics "Cheeky Sweey Spot" Blush Powder Set - This set has the Hoola bronzer I use for contouring and a few different blushes that I like to alternate between. My favourite is Rock or BellaBamba. Benefit Cosmetics have another set out this Christmas and I highly recommend getting your hands on it, they are so handy to have all in one!

Skincare:
I'm the first to admit I'm the worst at skincare but at my age I really need to cop on!
Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream - I've been using this night cream since the beginning of the year and I must admit I really like it. It doesn't leave my face feeling overloaded anf clogged, it's lightweight and not greasy so the perfect night time cream.
L'Oréal Paris Triple Active Day Multi Protection Moisturiser Dry and Sensitive Skin - I've used this one on and off all year too but it is quite heavy. I find when I put it on it's fine but if I head out or sweat any little bit it runs and is crazy shiny!
Nip+Fab Bee Sting Fix Deluxe Care - I purchased this when I went to the UK as I needed an eye cream and I think this one is good, I haven't used it long enough to get the full effects or review it yet but I'm loving the nip+fab range so will definitely try more of their stuff!

Haircare:
I've been switching around between shampoos and conditioners as I've lost some hair since having Alex (which is all normal) but my hair was so nice and healthy after he was born and now I have small out of control bits around my hair line and my hair has gone so dry! It's in desperate need for some TLC.
Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo Uplifting Volume - this is my go to hair product for those in between wash days when my hair is a bit greasier than I'd like! My hair becomes greasy in the roots quicker than before. I haven't gotten my hair done since June so I think the fact my natural hair is mostly at my roots this could be partially the reason! 
Elnett Satin Normal Strength Hairspray - this is my must have hair spray! I love that you can brush out the hairspray and your hair isn't left rock hard and dry after it's washed.

Lots of Love
xoxo

2 comments:

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo