Gorgeous Blog Readers

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Lifestyle Change - Healthy Eating

Hi Dolls,

Today is the 1st February (duh!). I made new resolutions for 2015 just like a lot of others (see post here) and the main one's were to get my pre baby body back and better, to drink less fizzy drinks and more water, and to eat cleaner.

I decided, because of all the chocolates we got for Christmas, that I wouldn't bother trying to eat healthier until February because I would just be breaking my new changes! We got 2 box of roses,  2x celebrations, quality streets, and my friend gave me a box of chocolates as well! I one chocolate in the quality streets and roses, and I'd eat any of the celebrations except bounty or twix! There's only two of us (adults) in the house so there have been lots of chocolates leftover - luckily for us our friend the rat decided to rob the box of choccys my friend gave me, ate the lot!, and robbed some quality streets and left the wrappers under the fridge (along with little bits of tin foil?!). Anyway, back to the point at hand...

From today, I plan not to bring in anymore chocolate or crisps, fried foods, fizzy drinks and white foods (bread, pasta, rice). In January, I didn't bring in any crisps, except popcorn into the house, and also switched from white bread to brown wholemeal bread.

Cutting back on Diet Coke and switching to water or diluted drinks like Robinsons Orange and Ribena blackcurrent will be a big change for me. I will still drink a fizzy drink at the cinema or on an evening out as a mixer but as both those occasions are rare these days with a baby I'm not too pushed by this decision! I'm not a huge fan of drinking water, especially from the tap (because we have limescaled water). We use brita filters to clean the water. I would either drink this or a bottle of Volvic water.

I plan to buy some cook books or borrow some from my sister so I can make some dinners that are different to the usual we have, and also to mix it up a bit. As a fussy eater I'm conscious I could pass this onto my son and I really don't want to do that to him, it's not easy being as fussy as I am, at 25 (and a half) years old it's not going to get much better and my taste buds won't change much! To be fair to myself, I have tasted a few new foods in the past few years and have decided whether I really don't like it or if it's something I would try again! I don't like overly flavoured/seasoned foods, I really don't like peppers or onions, and I don't like ketchup! I am willing to try new foods but sometimes the look of the food is enough to turn me off!

Eating healthier won't be easy because we find it quite tough to cook dinner with a baby, let alone cook a dinner from scratch. In time, I'll get better at cooking, get used to cooking dinners from scratch and prepare dinners beforehand and freeze them. For now, it's all trial and error!

Laura over at Liparazzi Blog has some great recipes for healthy eating on her blog I hope to try out! I will keep you updated on how this whole healthy lifestyle works out.

Along with the food changes I plan to go walking with my son 3 days a week and also hope to get out Sunday morning for a run or walk myself with my iPod going. Currently my leg is still a bit sore since having Alex but hopefully the walking will help that! Bring on the healthy lifestyle....

Lots of Love
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo