Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, November 21, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 40 Weeks

Hey dolls,

Today I am officially 40 weeks pregnant! It is so strange to say, the 9 months has flown by! I had a check up at the hospital yesterday but the same old examination occurred. I mentioned the baby's movement reduced considerably Wednesday so I was sent to the Fetal Assessment department to have baby's heart monitored. I was hooked up to a heart monitor and every time I felt baby move I pressed on a blue button that noted it on the chart. All was fine with baby and moved a few times through the exam. I was in there SO long I started to get quite anxious and uncomfortable so my blood pressure rose a bit but after a second check it was normal again. I have another appointment booked for next Thursday (if I don't go into labour before then) to have an internal examination and schedule induction!

How far along? 40 weeks
Total weight gain/measurement: No idea, I had my bump measured and the doctor seemed happy with the size so I guess normal sized but not too small?! As for weight I would take a guess and say I weigh a total of 2 stone more than I did before I was pregnant!
Maternity clothes: Yes but I mainly sit around the house in comfy jogger pants though because I'm quite uncomfortable now at this stage and getting dressed and putting on socks is a nightmare :(
Stretch marks: Same as last week, nothing new!
Best moment's so far: I guess reaching the 40 week mark and nearly having the experience over! I know that's not the nicest to say but at this stage I'm so huge and swollen I just want my baby in my arms and not in me anymore!
Miss anything? Sleep - last night was an absolute nightmare! I kept tossing and turning and I had to pop to the bathroom loads through the night (it was as if I drank a gallon of water before going to sleep!). I know my sleep is only going to get worse from now on because I'm at the end of the journey!
Movement: Not as much, but he's squirming away! From the heart monitoring, when the baby moved you could see his heart rate rise! So I know he's not very comfy, he is running out of room!
Food cravings: Nope! I don't have much of an appetite to be honest because I have awful heartburn at nighttime!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Queasy yes, when I try to put on shoes/socks it's very difficult so I feel quite off trying to bend over or lean forward! I now have someone put them on for me if I need to go out! 
Gender: Boy
Labour signs: My bump has dropped twice in recent days so it is much lower now than it was when it initially dropped. I have a lot of pressure and I don't like eating much because there's not much room for food :( I have had a few cramping pains but nothing major or constant!
Symptoms: I have severe heartburn (as mentioned above), severe lack of sleep, pain in my pelvis when the baby moves, severe swollen hands and feet, and my face is so puffy! 
Belly button in or out? Out, when I sit down! It can be in a little, but mainly out.
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody! I am so sick of people looking for updates on when I've popped. I have friend's texting which is somewhat fair enough, but then I have people watching my Facebook (liking statuses on my wall when they normally wouldn't) just to keep an eye on if I post anything! I also have some people (acquaintances or old friends) commenting on stuff or messaging me asking for updates and advising they are waiting on 'the call' - the only people special enough to be getting a call is both mine and my boyfriend's families, my 2 best friends and whoever Daniel wants to call! But most friend's will have to wait for a text message when we get to it or find out on Social Media - I don't plan to post any pics on Social Media until Daniel's sis see's the baby in person!
Don't get me wrong, I totally understand people are just excited to know when he will be born but at the same time having every Tom, Dick and Harry (randomer) looking for an update just drives me banana's when all I want is the baby to be out and healthy!
Looking forward to: Holding my baby and having the labour over! I'm SO nervous about the contractions :(

As I've learned this week, I would highly recommend anyone who is early on in there pregnancy to do pelvic muscle exercises! I've only learned recently that needing to go to the bathroom is a nightmare and those exercises would help hold everything in a little better! 

If you have any questions about having a baby in Ireland or any questions in general feel free to ask :) comment below or my contact information is available in the tab above! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo