Gorgeous Blog Readers

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 39 Weeks


Hey dolls,

I completly forgot to post my 39 week update! I also didn't post my usual pregnancy selfie on Instagram because I've felt very shitty since my 38 week mark! I've had bad dry lips, a (huge looking) swollen nose, lack of sleep, a lot of pressure, heartburn/acid reflux, general discomfort... Anyway on with my update!

How far along? 39 weeks, 4 days
Total weight gain/measurement: No idea. I've not been weighed since my 12 week obstetrics appointment.
Maternity clothes: Yes, I'm currently living in comfy clothes ('fat man' jogger pants or pyjamas) as I don't go out much at the moment, but if I did I'd be wearing either maternity jeans or regular jeggings.
Stretch marks: Yep, I seem to have gotten a few more at my sides by my hips.
Best moment's so far: We finally got the wardrobe for the nursery! Woo! So my dad is driving me home so I can put together the nursery :) For those that don't know I'm staying in my parents house until I 'pop' because it's closer to the maternity hospital!
Miss anything? Everything! I just want to be back to normal! I can't eat much, peeing is a joke, walking around might as well not happen, being able to put on socks is now impossible! This is not flip flop weather :( 
Movement: I feel the baby moving sometimes, not as much at the moment, there is little room for him now and with me being so exhausted I guess he's taking it easy before his big arrival!
Food cravings: None! Well I guess sweet treats, because there easy to grab and eat rather than trying to make a healthy snack! 
Anything making you queasy or sick? All food and Capri suns! I get very sick in the morning after I wake up, leaning forward putting on pants, shoes or socks makes me quesy!
Gender: Boy
Labour signs: I've had a few twinges but nothing to get excited about! I guess it's more discomfort than anything! My left leg is now completely f**ked, I think with the extra weight of a baby and he's on my left side most the time there is extra pressure on my leg :( my brain tells my leg to move and it won't! So my hip and joint where leg meet is quite sore! I can still move my leg but when it ets tired or sore then I'm like a limping lala :(
Symptoms: Heart burn/acid reflux (not sure of the difference), pelvic pressure, swollen hands (like bloody sausages), swollen toes/feet, lower back pain... Nothing else I can think of really! I still end up staying awake til 2/3am, with or without naps during the day! 
Belly button in or out? Out! It's so strange!
Happy or moody most of the time: Moody! I'm so ready for this baby to be out already :( I'm just not liking the unknown! Waiting for contractions or my waters to break or my mucus plug/bloody show... It's annoying there's not one that definitely comes first! And when, like if I went this week I'd be happy I guess but since the 38 week mark I'm terrified of giving labour :( I just want it to be over :( I was happy and confident in myself until last week!
Looking forward to: Having the baby in my arms and having the labour over with! 

If you have any questions about having a baby in Ireland or any questions in general feel free to ask :) comment below or my contact information is available in the tab above! :)

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo