Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, October 17, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 36 Weeks

Hey dolls,

I can't believe I'm posting my 36 week update! This is crazy. In 4 weeks my due date is upon us! I have an appointment where I will be assessed as usual (blood pressure etc.) and the fluid around the baby will be checked! Based on the results I will be advised of an induction date (usually 10 days from due date). I really hope I don't go over my due date by too much but I have tea searched ways to induce labour 'naturally' like spicy foods, raspberry leaf tea etc! So on with my update...

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/measurement: 1 stone 8/9 pounds (approximately)
Maternity clothes: Yes, I mainly chill around the house in comfy clothes. I only purchased 2 pairs of maternity jeans (navy and black), leggings and about 5 tops. I will try to do a post/review on some of the clothes I got! 
Stretch marks: Yes, my already existing ones have become more purple ish coloured and more up my stomach than before. 
Sleep: Very sh*tty! I don't sleep with a pillow or anything between my legs! I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, I think this is because we have a crappy mattress :( my hip gets sore if I lay on my side too long and laying on my back is not an option - this puts pressure on my back. 
Best moment's so far: The baby pushing out so it shapes the bump weird! He mainly rests on re left side nowadays! Also the house is coming along, the nursery has a floor so I may have a nursery post up soon! 
Miss anything? I miss walking normally! I have a very stiff left leg and so I tend to walk funny (the pregnancy wobble!). I also miss being comfortable, being able to move without moaning and being able to cuddle my partner comfortably :(
Movement: Plenty! He's been a little quiet the last 2 days but that's because I haven't been myself! But he does squirm and kick and move around so that's comforting and good :)
Food cravings: Not really! I craved waffles, mighty munch, chocolate, ice cream, gravy fries over the period of my pregnancy but at the moment I don't have any craving! 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Movement - when I put socks or shoes on, funky smells and cleaning the house makes me sick feeling!
Gender: Boy, and I don't think this is changing any time soon ;)
Labour signs: None yet! I used to think this was a good thing! After having my 36 week checkup at the hospital I have no further appointment until my due date so this makes me think the doctor thinks I will go over my due date which is very disappointing to me :(
Symptoms: Tired, nauseous, lack of energy! I had planned to get a lot of housework done but I guess the nesting energy surge didn't quite hit me so I'll have to power through! 
Belly button in or out? Out right now but it changes! It depends what way the baby is laying! 
Swelling: My feet don't quite for into pumps comfortably anymore! My shoes are a little snug! But otherwise no obvious swelling! 
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy to see the end of the house renovation road. Nervous, scared, happy, anxious, excited that this little bean is coming very soon! (Not soon enough) but I never thought I'd be saying I'm 36 weeks! It's insane! 
Looking forward to: Holding our little creation, seeing Daniel's reaction to the baby, seeing the finished nursery and house. And getting to relax before bean arrives! And a date night coming soon!

If you have any questions about having a baby in Ireland or any questions in general feel free to ask :) comment below or my contact information is available in the tab above! :)

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo