Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, October 17, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks

Hey dolls,

Only 5 weeks to go til my due date. We just finished our second Parent Craft Class yesterday. I found being tired really didn't help me concentrate! The second class focused on c-section, forceps and vacuum, dad's role, baby care, post-natal care and depression, and pelvic exercises. The dad's also got to experience changing baby clothes and nappies. I'm really glad Daniel got to do this because he had never done before and wanted the chance to practise before baby comes along!

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain/measurement: I'm not sure! I haven't been weighed at any of my appointments since my 12 week check up. I weigh myself at my parents house when I stay there sometimes because we don't own a weighing scales here. I'm guessing I gained approx. a stone and a half in total.
Maternity clothes: Yes, as mentioned before all my maternity clothes are from either Asos or New Look. Being a 'plus size' woman it can be difficult to find maternity clothes that are comfortable, flattering and that fit well. I try to avoid 'bump fitting' tops. Before I became pregnant, I usually wore loose fitting tops and long in length too for comfort.
Stretch marks: Yes, stretch marks are there but there is no way to stop them totally. Overall I've gotten stretch marks on the inside of my knees, boobs, stomach and hips.
Sleep: I've been sleeping quite a lot to be honest, not very comfortably, I sleep from approx. 10 or 11 at night until the morning, I wake and go back to sleep and wake again around 12, The past few days I've been needing another 3 hours sleep, so I need to mention to my GP because I could be suffering from Anaemia!
Best moment's so far: The heating is now in our house! So just a case of finishing the bath tub fitting and tiling in the bathroom, flooring and insulation in the baby's nursery. And then we can finally get the house back to normal and sort the nursery! With only 5 weeks to go the pressure is on!
Miss anything? Normal body movements, alcohol(!) and energy!
Movement: This little guy still likes to poke his bum out, his movements aren't too frequent but it's been like this I guess the entire time so I'm not worried. I do feel him moving, squirming around in there but not loads. 
Food cravings: Hmm, potato waffles! There yummy and quick to cook! 
Anything making you queasy or sick? Movement makes me sick, my movement that is! If I'm putting on shoes, or getting dressed it can make me quite quesy and sometimes physically sick :(
Gender: Boy. When I first found out it was a boy I wasn't sure how to take it, but I've come around that I won't be buying headbands and tutu's! I'm happy and excited to see our cute little man :)
Labour signs: None this week luckily. I am feeling more pressure and more urgency to use the bathroom than before! With the baby movement pushing straight onto my bladder it doesn't help much ;)
Symptoms: Pelvic pressure, lack of energy and it's getting tougher to move around!
Belly button in or out? Bit of both, I can't see it anymore! I'm guessing it's a little more in than out :)
Swelling: I got swelling in my ankles when doing some house work the other day and then again in the shower last night :( Was not impressed! It's annoying knowing when the swelling is there because of the pain and discomfort my feet feel.
Happy or moody most of the time: A little down this week because I'm getting more and more anxious about the house (as you may know from Twitter ;)). At our parent craft class yesterday we had a talk from a woman who hosts post-natal depression support groups at the hospital each month, she discussed ante-natal depression which isn't well known or spoken about - I think I may have this :( We were told that this goes away when baby arrives! I am afraid I am at a higher risk of getting post natal depression because I had depression before I became pregnant, because of my job ending during my pregnancy and because I'm away from family and friends living where I do. I do have some friends and my boyfriends family nearby.
Looking forward to: Having the house sorted and the nursery all ready for baby! Also looking forward to a date night with Daniel when the house is sorted! We are going to go out for a meal and go see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the cinema :) Hopefully it will be next weekend :)

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo