Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, October 10, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 34 Weeks

Hey dolls,

I can't believe there is only 6 weeks until my due date! That is such a scary thought! So myself and boyfriend/baby daddy or by name Daniel went to Parent Craft Classes in the Maternity Hospital (these are antenatal classes in Ireland). We got a list of what topics would be talked about in the class before attending so had some idea. When the class first began we had an ice-breaker, the mom said her name and how far along she was and the dad said what he wishes to get out of the class. In Ireland, you attend 2 classes, ours were yesterday and again next Thursday. I found the class worth attending, you can ask questions and become more prepared. We also got a video tour of the hospital and were advised of things I never knew about. I will note these below but lets get on with my update ;)

How far along? 34 weeks
Total weight gain/measurement: I would say around just over a stone altogether but this could be nearing the stone and half mark at this stage!
Maternity clothes: Yes, because I am now unemployed I can chill in PJ's at home some days but yes maternity wear is a must at this stage (I still fit into my own clothes though - t-shirts and leggings). I did notice that my bump is a lot smaller than others at 35 weeks!
Stretch marks: I've noticed some of my old stretch marks are starting to go red and blueish so I think they are re-stretching again! I have to get moisturising again like a religion because I really do think it helps.
Sleep: I toss and turn quite a lot and lying down in bed hurts, I cannot lie on my back at all any more, even for a few minutes relief for my back. My hip gets quite sore when I lie on my side for too long. I was very uncomfortable last night :( I slept through the night but when I eventually woke I was so tired I ended up just lying there watching YouTube for about 2 hours!
Best moment's so far: Still feeling movements is so nice and reassuring. Movements aren't too comfortable though because he does huge movements with not enough room!
Miss anything? I miss nights out ;) And lying down normally! I also miss an ole glass of Baileys and Milk - my Christmassy drink ;)
Movement: Yes, he likes his chill time, but he loves sticking his bum out too hahaha. I was told his head is in the correct position now, and so when I feel something sticking out it's either the hand, foot or bum and the placement makes me think it's his bum!
Food cravings: Nothing major, I don't have a huge appetite to be honest! I do get hungry but I don't crave anything in particular! I just eats whats here!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope, thank god! I hope it stays that way :)
Gender: It's a boy!
Labour signs: To be honest, I thought I was in early labour today! So scary. My boyfriend was at college and off doing jobs and I was home squirming whether to text him or not. I decided not to because I didn't want to unnecessarily freak him out, so I text my sister instead ;) hehe. Well it appears to be a false alarm. 
Symptoms: I think today this little guy moved down toward my pelvis more, I am feeling a lot more pressure in my pelvis, which is very uncomfortable :(
Belly button in or out? Still in and out! A bit of both! I want it to stay in! 
Swelling: Swelling has gone down a lot, I don't seem to get swelling in my ankles unless I walk for a while and am under a lot of pressure, my hands swell in the morning if I sleep on my arm!
Happy or moody most of the time: Stressed! I don't want to go into early labour. The house is still not done so no nursery yet, but rest assured the second I can I will be decorating a posting like a mad person!
Looking forward to: Decorating the nursery and getting the house back to normal :)

So onto new learning's from those Parent Craft Classes...
~ Reacting to different signs of labour e.g. losing the mucus plug is a sign of early labour but it could take a few days before labour begins properly - you can call the hospital when this occurs to reassure yourself.
~ Once your waters break, take note of the time it happens (because after 18 hours the hospital give you an antibiotic to avoid infection and after 3 days labour is induced if it isn't started on it's own).
~ Also, when your waters break and you record the time, use a maternity pad to help keep clean from the water leaking (something I didn't think of).
~ Annoyingly hospitals in Ireland don't give you an accurate time to go to the hospital when monitoring your contractions. We were given an approximate - when your contractions are 8 to 10 minutes apart and approx. 45 seconds to a minute long then you should make your way to the hospital.
~ Another annoying discovery, is that the maternity hospital has a birthing pool (known as immersion pool in Ireland) but you can only use it for labouring, and when your close to pushing you come out and give birth on a mat or in the bed! In this maternity hospital, there is one pool, it is drained, cleaned and sterilised and this takes about 10 minutes so your advised to say when you arrive if you want to use it, and you may or may not be able to use it depending on if someone is using it or not!
~ This hospital also has home away from home rooms, where the room is less technical and less hospital like and a bit more homely.

I'm also considering co-feeding baby between breastfeeding and bottle feeding and would love some more information about breastfeeding. I know it can be a touchy subject for a lot of people so I'm afraid to be inquisitive at our classes, it is on the list to discuss next week so I will have my questions ready for then :)

Any expectant mom's reading this? If so, where are you from, and how far along are you?

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo