Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, September 19, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 31 weeks

Hey Dolls,

I am now 31 weeks pregnant! It is so scary how the time has flown to get to this stage! I found out I was pregnant way back in March. My last update was 3 weeks ago now, at 28 weeks, you can read it here. I'm nearly finished my contract with work, only a week left! I was a temporary agent and my contract is sadly coming to an end.

How far along? 31 weeks
Total weight gain/measurement: I think I've gained just over a stone in weight, including the baby and water and all that lovely stuff that is growing inside me!
Maternity clothes: Yes, I'm finding some of my old clothes still fit (some tshirts from Primark/Penneys and jeggings from New Look). I do need to get a new pair of black jeans and some more tops as my bump is getting HUGE! I want to take a picture of it soon so I can keep a reminder for myself ;) More than likely will post it on instagram for my bestie to see as she won't see me til I 'pop'!
Stretch marks: I've noticed stretch marks on my legs by my knees, and the stretch marks I had seem to have moved upward! I'm using the Vaseline Spray and Go all the time now, I think the trick is to just stay moisturised!
Sleep: I'm very very tired this week. I wake during the night to use the bathroom (TMI), I also wake from discomfort or back pain or when I roll over, it hurts! I think it's due to the fact my boyfriend takes up most the bed :P haha!
Best moment's so far: He's kicking a lot more, and I feel a lot more movement. The best moment was when Daniel felt the baby move and kick for the first time. I think at that moment it became a bit more real for him ;)
Miss anything? I miss walking without feeling strain, sleep, alcohol and my friends :(
Movement: Lots and lots, this baby is one moving machine! He's always rolling around, kicking and pushing outward! I keep thinking 'you can't come out that way!'.
Food cravings: Mmm.. I don't think I 'crave' anything. I would like something at a particular time but wouldn't need to have it, I just ignore it or get something else! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick? No, not at the moment. I did get sick yesterday morning before work though after brushing my teeth! I still get sick after eating ready made sauces e.g. Bolognese sauce.
Gender: Boy! We found out with a gender scan at the baby scan clinic in Cork. I was so nervous I think I didn't enjoy the experience as much as I should have. Lots of comic book and blue stuff floating around for the little guy.
Labour signs: Nope, and hopefully will stay this way for a few more weeks!
Symptoms: Heartburn, I get awful heartburn in the evening time! It sucks because I keep forgetting to purchase something to help stop it :( Anything could set it off, it's very annoying and gross. I find I am very stiff in the morning when I get out of bed, my back is very sore and needs a stretch and it's very hard to get dressed, well mainly hard to put on pants - my legs are very stiff and sore!
Belly button in or out? In for now, it's making it's way out though! Nooo! I think it could pop out before the baby is born but it seems to have gone back in so fingers crossed ;)
Swelling: My feet swell sometimes, my hands rarely do. I get swelling in my ankles when I stand for a bit too long!
Happy or moody most of the time: Neither I guess, I'm very worried and stressed at the moment trying to get the house renovated and ready for baby. And of course finances is a worry but there's nothing we can do at the moment but get on with it so I'm trying to remain upbeat and not stress about it!
Looking forward to: Getting the nursery done! We have the walls plastered and painted. Daniel is ordering the parts for the wardrobe this evening (he's going to build our design). In the next few weeks we'll receive the other furniture from family and finally get the room together :)

I was asked to put a list together of what we have already, I did this and decided to put a list together of what we need (not including clothes) and holy wow there is quite a lot of stuff we need for our little guy! I am just so thankful for all the support we get from our family and friends, we wouldn't be standing strong today without them!

I have to admit I love mammies! I don't know where we'd be without our mammies! To be fair our dads are pretty awesome too (for helping with house stuff ;)). Mom and Daniel's mom are so helpful with information, what we need to have and when etc. 

I'm off shopping today for some baby 'essentials' outlined below: 
Baby Monitor
Angelcare AC601 Movement and Sound Baby Monitor
This baby monitor comes with a portable and rechargeable parent unit, an under-the-mattress movement sensorpad (to monitor babies movements and breathing), nursery night light, an out-of-range indicator and sound lights (for the hearing impaired). You can read more about the product here.

Baby bouncer
I got a baby bouncer from my Aunt and Uncle already, it's a standard navy blue bouncer from Graco (I think). I will be keeping this one at my parent's house so I won't be lugging loads of baby stuff back and forth with me (my parent's live an hour away).
Fisher-Price Rainforest Bouncer
The reason why I chose this bouncer was because it's bright and vibrant. I also love jungle toys for babies, I think there so cute! The detachable toys are  blue and red monkey's with clacker beads and a roller ball. You can view the product here. I fell in love with this Graco swing (I think because it's high, the movements and the Saccone Joly's have it or something similar!), but Daniel doesn't like it and I agree with his reasons, theres no colour and it's just bland for a baby.

Breastfeeding cushion
Clevamama 10 in 1 Clevacushion
I haven't really told anyone other than family my plan to breastfeed because as you may already know a lot of people have very different views on it. I'm terrified to breastfeed in public so thinking of co feeding him with a bottle and boob! I love this Clevacushion as it's 10 in 1! Obvious reasons ;)
10 in 1 being:
1. Back support for during pregnancy.
2. Breastfeed or Bottle Feeding.
3. Super comfortable baby nest.
4. Bouncer Head Support
5. Car Seat Insert
6. Tummy time play support with two removable and colourful toys/rattles included.
7. Pram insert
8. Bolster Support
9. High Chair support
10. Stroller Support
You can see more information here. Clevamama has so many innovative and handy products for baby and I'm definitely purchasing more from them, you will see more of there products in posts in the future :)

Lots of Love
xoxo

P.S. I just realised I need to organise my 'labels'! There all over the place ;) It will take me ages but I have time to lounge around before baby comes ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo