Gorgeous Blog Readers

Friday, August 8, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 25 weeks

Hey dolls,

So it's been a while since I last blogged.. isn't pregnancy fun!? ;) As there is only 15 weeks left I will try to do an update every week to every second week. The last update I did was 10 weeks ago which is crazy!!

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain/measurements: approximately 7-10 pounds (at a guess)!
Maternity clothes: Yep, I tend to wear a lot more maternity pants/jeans/leggings than tops! I purchased all my maternity clothes in New Look or on ASOS website. I don't have that much maternity wear but hope to stock up on a few more bits soon.
Stretch marks: As previously mentioned I already had stretch marks on my stomach and hips so it would be very difficult for me to tell if I'm getting new ones but I am currently using Vaseline Spray and Go Essential Moisture on my tummy to keep moisturised so my stretch marks don't stretch up to my neck ;) I've also purchased Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Tummy Butter for Stretch Mark's to see how it goes. It feels just like butter and is sooo smooth on! I will do a review of the product soon and link here.
Sleep: This past week or so I'm finding sleeping quite difficult. I'm quite sick this week with a cold so I'm sure that's causing some issue. I've been waking during the night to turn over, with the heat in the room it's hard to sleep too. 
Best moment's so far: found out that we're having a little boy on 16th July with a Gender Scan from Baby Scan clinic in Ballincollig in Cork. On 20th July I felt baby kick for the first time. I will post a review of my experience and link here this week.
Miss anything? I've missed being able to put on my own socks, get up off the couch and this week I've really missed going to the gym and exercising like I used to. I pass the gym to get home from work and sometimes I get sad that when I go back I'll be the newcomer again! ;) I was only getting used to it!
Movement: This is one active baby! During my 24 week check up and the nurse was checking the heartbeat he kicked her hand away! He's got quite a strong kick for 25 weeks! I feel him kicking a jerking a lot these days but at random out bursts throughout the day, so sometimes in the morning or in the evening.
Food cravings: I don't really have any cravings, I do like to have ice cream because it's VERY warm. I wouldn't consider myself craving anything in particular.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Everything and anything! I'm still throwing up (sorry if that's TMI) I think it's down to heart burn. I get very queasy at random things that would gross me out (e.g. spiders, if I get full up eating dinner too quick). The last time I was sick I burned my throat quite bad and am taking Strepsil Honey and Lemon Lozenges to ease the pain a bit because it's quite bad. I was advised by my nurse to take gaviscon too so hopefully that will help :)
Gender: Boy! I'm excited to be having a boy, but at the same time I see all these dad's with there little girls and it makes me sad that Dan (my boyfriend) won't have that, but as I've said he'll get a sidekick instead ;)
Labour signs: Nope! I've had a few pain's in my side but not labour related!
Symptoms: Emotional wreck, stress (I know I know it's bad), tired (from lack of sleep) and feeling huge!
Belly button in or out? In, and hope it stays that way!
Swelling: I have gotten swelling randomly in my ankles through the day and sometimes/rarely on my fingers/hands in the morning time!
Happy or moody most of the time: At the moment, I'm very stressed about getting organised for the baby so I'm very moody! I have happy swings thanks to my lovely boyfriend who know's how to make me happy! ;)
Looking forward to: Getting my glucose tolerance test over with in 3 weeks time! I have to have a blood test done, drink 400ml of Lucozade Original and sit in the waiting area of my GP's office for 2 hours doing nothing and then get another blood test done to see how my body breaks down the glucose in the drink naturally! Most pregnant women have to get this test done when there BMI is above a certain level! 

I'm also looking forward to sorting my financial worries (paying my car insurance) and starting to buy the remaining bits I've left to get baby!

I really wanted to have a baby shower, I've been pinning ideas for a long time (before I found out I was pregnant) but now that I am and can have one I lost interest, between money, and getting together all my different groups of friends and family I just don't want the hassle! I may put up a post in the following weeks of my dream baby shower and plan it out to keep myself occupied ;)

I'm not posting 'bump update' photo's because I don't have a cute bump! Just so you know ;)

Lots of Love
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Was great to get to know more about you! Lovely post and congratulations x :D I've just stated a blog of my own and if you're interested you are very welcome to visit. Followers are desperately needed!!! http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo