Gorgeous Blog Readers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

My 2013 Resolutions!

Hey dolls,

So another year over and a new one just beginning! 2012 was a bit of a strange year for me... seems to be all a blur of work - which sucks because no one wants to look back at the last year of their life and think 'hmm.. what did I do last year? Oh, I worked!'.

Highlights of 2012:
I hit the all important one year anniversary with my boyfriend
My goddaughters christening
Saw my boyfriend really happy at a Feeder gig
Went to London twice for business
Went to my first wedding that wasn't a relative
My best friend's '21st again'
My goddaughter turned 1
Dublin for Christmas (tradition)

So ya, a lot of goods but at the same time I would love to have done more!! I finally decided on my 2013 resolutions. In the past few weeks of the holidays I've been struggling - with what I don't know! I usually love shopping but just didn't have the drive for it - I think it was the money situation! And then there's working through the holidays and not taking any time off... and I've just been feeling sad I didn't do more in 2012 and wanted to achieve more!

So onto my resolutions:


Move In With My Boyfriend
I had this resolution last year for 2012 and it is my number 1 resolution for 2013. I live in Cork and my boyfriend in Limerick. He lives alone so I prefer to go to him rather he come to me because I live at home with my parents still and like to get away. I'm 23 and feel it is time to get out from under my parent's wing and be independent for once in my life! And obviously I love my boyfriend very much and feel it's time for us to take the next step.
Drink More Water
Probably one of the most common resolutions people take on and few succeed. I took on this resolution last year and failed miserably. I drink way too much fizzy drinks aka Diet Coke. I want to drink more water because it will help detox my body and obviously there are a lot of good side effects to water that I don't need to go into.
Banish Bingo Wings
I'm on a mission to banish my dreaded bingo wings! They have names: John and Jim-bob!! I am desperate to tone my arms and banish these horrible flabby things. My arms are my biggest problem and always wreck my confidence :-( I've looked at plastic surgery but the scaring is pretty bad if it happens and I couldn't take the risk.

No Marraige / Engagement Talk
Ok so, Yes I'm one of those girls that knows what she wants and can't stop hinting / talking about it!! So my resolution for 2013 is to stop talking about it - because for any girl like me who brings it up to their boyfriend/partner and they don't quite react or respond like they'd like it's hurtful! But the hurt comes from my constant inability to not stop talking about it! So I'm not going to bring it up because it will happen when it happens!! :-)
Run The Fat Off
Treadmills are my favourite gym equipment. I love using them more than other products. I want to buy a treadmill instead of a gym membership because a membership at the moment isn't on the cards with the travel I do and I'm very self-conscious at my current weight and I perspire a lot. So exercising in the privacy of my own home seems perfect to me. Also I want to lose weight and living in Ireland walks aren't the ideal exercise choice.
Get Healthy
I know even the skinniest of people I know aren't fit so I won't be aiming for that. I want to get healthy. I'm currently 6 stone overweight for my healthy BMI and body. With Sudden Adult Death Syndrome on the rise, and all the health issues that come with being overweight at my age I need to step it up and exercise!

Baby On The Brain
I want to start getting my body, mind and life ready for a baby! It's not my resolution to have one in 2013 but I want to be healthy. I don't want to get pregnant while at my current weight. I want to have a healthy body for a baby to grow. It is important for me and my boyfriend that I'm healthy before anything remotely close to pregnancy is on the cards. Some people may think I'm crazy because I'm only 23 and I'm not married but everyone has their own opinion!!

My 2012 resolutions here.

Have you posted your 2013 resolutions or seen an interesting resolution post? Why not tweet me a link @lushblush21

Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo