Gorgeous Blog Readers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Shopping Haul/Review

Hey dolls,

This is my first review of 2012 :) So to start off my shopping adventure I went out on 26th December at 7.30am.... which is CRAZY for me because I never go to the sales, especially on Stephen's day/ Boxing day/ 26th!! So I was in Debenhams for 8.05am (crazy!). My mom, my sis and I went looking around the shop. I went straight for Urban Decay because Sale or not I wanted some palettes :D And to my absolute horror... the light was dimmed over the section AND there was one palette left :( So after an hour of looking around the shop we went for breaky :) mmm! Then we went to New Look and Next (just to see the craziness) and we headed home. I went straight online to debenhams.ie. I ordered the Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette (€45), Naked eyeshadow palette (€40), Urban Decay Deluxe eyeshadow in 'Scratch' (€19) and Kim Kardashian Eau de Parfum (€50 for 100ml). I was pretty excited and when I went to pay there was no other option except credit card!! So I was gutted... I don't have a credit card! So after about a half an hour of being totally let down my dad came to the rescue and offered to use his credit card and once the delivery came I gave them the money.

(Totally got sidetracked checking out blogs :P)

Ok back to the LONG story... ;) Just kidding...Long story short I ordered my stuff online on the 26th and it arrived week later :D I love love love everything I got! So check out pics and reviews (on what I've tested) below:

Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette:

I love this palette... (as most people do). The colours are so wearable for everyday and also some darker colours to give a night look :D (And it fits in my makeup bag :O) :)

 My favourite colours are 'Virgin' (first on the left), 'Sin' (second on the left) and 'Sidecar' (forth in from left). I wear these almost everyday since I got the palette :D And I use 'Buck' (fifth from left) on my crease :)

 This is my bad swatching :P I thought my arm was long enough to do all the colours but clearly not when I ended up on my hand :P hehe.

 The new brush with the palette. I haven't used it yet! But knowing me one of my friend's will use it (and destroy it) - I'm very fussy with brushed :) 
 A closer look at the new Urban Decay brush.
Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in 52 - Vanilla. This is a really liquidy but good foundation with good light coverage and really does give my skin a healthy glow. It blends well.
 A swatch of the foundation (I'm terrible a swatchs :P)
 Kim Kardashian's perfume - Yum! It lasts ages, leaves a good lingering smell, has a sweet smell to it, which I love and has a totally cute bottle :)
 Benefit Watt's Up highlighter is good, it's a stick on one end and a blending brush on the other end. It is a highlighter and a good one but it's kind of hard to blend. But I do love it and use it a lot :)
 Maybelline 24hour concealer - I've used this once and could still see blemishes through it. So I must try it again and give it a proper go. Does work well for under eyes.
Urban Decay 15th Anniversary Palette... I haven't used this yet... But I will. The colours are so bright and pigmented. Can't wait to get creative.

FOTD - this is my face today. (This pick was taken at the end of the day so not so great!)

What I wore:
Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation,
Bourjois Healthy Mix concealer,
Urban Decay Naked Palette colours as described as above :D
Rimmel Vinyl Max lipgloss (review soon)
Maybelline liquid eye liner in black.
Rimmel Lash Accelerator in Brown Black
Benefit 10 on my cheeks.

Hope you enjoyed lovelies...
Lots of Love
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo