Gorgeous Blog Readers

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cosmetic Animal Testing!

This is more of a serious post. I am currently doing a report for my communications class on Cosmetic Animal Testing. So as I was doing research I found out that a lot of the major well known make-up brands are in fact testing on animals. I have got these names from the PETA cosmetic animal testing list:

Do:
  • Clairol
  • Johnson & Johnson
  • L'Oreal
  • Maxfactor
  • Olay
  • Pantene
Don't:
  • Bare Escentuals
  • Barefaced mineral cosmetic
  • Bobbi Brown
  • The Body Shop
  • Dermatalogica
  • E.L.F. Cosmetics
  • Gosh
  • Lush
  • MAC
  • Revlon
  • Smashbox
  • Too Faced
  • Urban Decay
Thats really shocking. Like, I was selling Maxfactor products to my mom, now I won't be doing it again! My brother used to use Pantene on his hair but he's moved over to Elvive (Cheryl Coles a good advertiser!) and I'm glad because it's horrible what these animals go through.

Animals only last up to 2 -3 weeks. And eyeshadows are tested on rabbits. The most common thing tested on animals is soaps or eyeshadows. The reason why the word cosmetics is used is because they classed soaps, perfumes and make-up together.

I am now going to try my best to avoid buying animal tested products. The companies that don't test on animals can be expensive but it would be definately worth it if I have the piece of mind that no animal is being harmed or tested on.

I thought I'd do my part in making other make-up addicts aware of the price animals have to pay. :(

Lots of Love
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. ahhhh my HG mascara is by Loreal!

    now i feel horrible :( atleast they dont make the products out of animals though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad! Its not illegal for us consumers to want a product whether tested on animals or not... it makes us feel bad but it doesnt stop us using them!! Its not like you bought it because it was tested on an animal! And your right it wasnt made out of animal... :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments :) Thanks for stopping by :) xoxo